Every city is different and every town requires its own distinct approach to the issue of fighting childhood obesity.
In Boise, Mayor David H. Bieter and the Mayor’s Council on Children and Youth are working with local partners to find long-term, sustainable and holistic solutions.
Our partners include:
- Ada County Juvenile Justice
- Be Outside Idaho
- Blue Cross of Idaho Foundation for Health
- Boise National Forest
- Boise Parks & Recreation
- Boise Urban Garden School
- Boise School District
- City of Boise
- Girls on the Run
- Girl Scouts of Silver Sage Council
- Idaho Botanical Gardens
- Idaho Department of Health & Welfare-Idaho Physical Activity and Nutrition Program
- Idaho Tennis Association
- Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL) Idaho
- Junior League of Boise
- Meridian School District
- Micron Foundation
- Saint Alphonsus Health Teacher Program
- St. Luke’s Health Systems
- St. Luke’s Women’s Fitness Celebration
- Treasure Valley Family Magazine
- Treasure Valley YMCA
- United Way of Treasure Valley
- University of Idaho Extension & 4H
On Thursday, June 16, the coalition announced the Let’s Move Boise! program with fun games, hands-on gardening and nutrition information at Owyhee Park, 3500 Elder St.
At the event, the Mayor also officially launched the City’s 2nd Mobile Recreation Van. The vans travel to schools, parks and low-income apartment complexes providing free games, sports, art activities, a nutritious snack and nutrition education to kids close to home.